Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Sunday, and some well-deserved sunshine!

Although I worked all day Saturday, as usual, this weekend brought some great (relatively) weather, and good fun!

Saturday's temperature reached into the 50s! A big change from the well-below freezing temps we've been having. Chris spent most of the day studying, but was able to get out around lunchtime to take Daisy for their usual walk.

Sunday wasn't quite as warm, but still sunny and not too windy. I got up with Daisy around 7:30, which is when her stomach starts to growl. After feeding her though, I didn't feel quite as rested as I would like, so I got back into bed and the three of us snuggled until about 10. Before you scoff at our extended slumber, hang on! Both of us get up early every day to sit in front of computers all day, for different reasons of course, and deserve a nice lazy morning once a week! We got out of bed and ate some breakfast, and I put the dry rub on my wings that I was going to bake later on that day for the Super Bowl. Then, we got dressed and went to spend some time at a very soggy dog park. Winter around here has about three phases: beautiful snow, snow piles that turn into ugly, gray glaciers, and slushy, sludgy piles of ice in the most inconvenient places. The problem? We enjoy all three phases about two times per week. Our front yard, which is blocked by our house, and hardly gets any sunshine, is still in this glacier state, making it more than difficult to walk on when Daisy gets the urge to pee (which, as most of you know, is about 50 times/day).

After the dog park Chris studied, and I bathed our very muddy pup, cleaned, and finished cooking the wings. And, before anyone asks me again, I DO NOT have a recipe. I have tried to create a recipe for it, but it's just impossible. You'll just have to invite me to parties if you want to eat them :) It's really just a take on my brother Mike's "method" that he e-mailed me once, and I've tweaked and made my own. They basically just have a lot of spices, brown sugar, molasses and hot sauce...and love, of course.

Around 5, we went to our friend's Bob and Ashley's house for a Super Bowl party and to celebrate Ashley's 25th birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY! The party was a lot of fun. Everyone brought/made great food; dips, chips, tacos, dirt cake (which I had for my first time and LOVED), ugly balls (a.k.a. oreos mixed with cream cheese and covered in chocolate), and yummy veggies! The food, obviously, is my favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday. I really couldn't care less about about the game, and almost fell asleep during most of it. After the Super Bowl, they played an hour-long episode of The Office. All of our friends are BIG fans of the show, and it was a hilarious episode!

After the game, it was back home to rescue our puppy, and get to bed. Chris had more new lectures to listen to the next day, and I had work. It was a great day off for me, and hopefully a relaxing one for Chris. This week will be nice, too. They switched some schedules around at work, and I'm working a half hour earlier than usual, and getting off an hour earlier. Today I got home just in time to take Daisy for her second walk of the day (and some much needed exercise for me after yesterday's feast), and get dinner on the table at a reasonable time. I wish it could be like this every week.

Until next post...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally random but I was trying to get a "crangela" blogspot and found it was occupied by you! We are Craig and Angela and I love that there is another couple that adopted the Crangela title. :) We also fell in love in another country (Angola) and now we live in South Africa. At any rate, I ended up as crangela.wordpress.com. Cheers to the two of you! :)