
This last weekend was one for relaxing. I spent Saturday working, as usual, and Chris spent his Saturday lounging around with Daisy. They just finished up a section on the renal system (is it a "system"?), and moved on to a new subject, so he didn't have much to study. Saturday night, after I got home from work, we went to a Laua themed party at a friend's house. It was a lot of fun, and a much needed opportunity to cut loose a little bit. On Sunday, the three of us slept in and had a lazy morning. I love Sundays. I take a couple hours to sip my coffee in my pajamas, and watch some Food Network. Saturday and Sunday morning Food Network really can't be beat. I could really spend my entire day doing just that. By mid-morning Daisy was getting cabin fever, and we decided to go for a walk. Typically, my days off are a chance to get out to the dog park and let her do some running. But, after a snow storm Saturday night, and single digits the next morning, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I'm sure she wouldn't have minded, though. She could spend hours at the dog park running after tennis balls, and chasing other dogs. The walk did her good, though. She ran through the fluffy snow piles, and picked up yet another stick to bring home (she leaves these by the door, so they'll be waiting for her when she goes outside). After our walk I had another cup of coffee to warm myself up, and then quickly got dressed to go meet my friend Ashley for brunch. We went to this delicious restaurant down the street called McFoster's Natural Kind Restaraunt. It's an amazing eatery which serves naturally grown and prepared food, trying to go organic whenever possible. They do a great job balancing healthy food with delicious taste. Something that I really appreciate. I had a pot of honey-almond tea, a freshly made juice with ginger, apple, and carrot (which was so delicious it made me want to buy a juicer!), and Juevos Rancheros with tofu and soy cheese. Yum! We spent a few hours there just chatting away. It had been a while since we had seen each other, and I think we both needed some girly chit-chat. It was the perfect way to spend an afternoon.
After our brunch, I went back home and hung out with Chris and Daisy for a bit. Chris went to the gym (I had a headache, so I passed this time), and I sat on the couch and did a whole lot of nothing. We had planned to see a movie that night, but we were having such a good time being lazy that we decided to pass. Instead, we ate chicken tortilla soup that I had prepared in the slow cooker that morning, and watched some bad television.
This week it's back to studying hard for Chris, and trying to stay busy for me. I miss Sundays a lot, once they pass. If it wasn't so cold, I'd escape upstairs and open the windows and paint. I've been craving that lately. It's not the same, though, without the fumes of oils and mineral spirits. But, it might be time to pull out the acrylics. I'm sure Daisy would LOVE to help!

1 comment:
So far so good...keep it up. I love reading your posts!
Doesn't it totally stink when the weekend is over? I hope the week goes by quickly!
Post a Comment